Friday, August 15, 2014

I'm here for you - VIDEO GIRL AI [ENG]



INFO
Program: GIMP 2.8 
Tablet: Intuos4 Wacom Tablet 
Date of first publication: January 17, 2012

COPYRIGHTs:
Ai Amano – Video Girl Ai © Masakazu Katsura
Art by Raffaella Renzulli (PintaMiMundo)

DOWNLOADDeviantART - MiniTokyo - Newgrounds

DESCRIPTION/MAKING OF...
That time I chose to do an Ai fanart/wall, because I saw that the few works about this serie are really old, and I want to share a little of love for this beatiful manga, that proably most of people don't know, since it's really old (the first publication was in 1987 if I rememeber it right...).

The idea to made Ai in kimono cames from this scan and some of the ispiration come from this other one.
The idea of background instead come little by little, and until the end I changed it a lot of times.

Since the process was really, I did this image to show you all steps :)



1. Sketch. I started sketching the pose, using as reference an illustration from one of Sky Doll's artbook.
 Then I sketched the kimono, hair and background.

2. Base colours. I chose warm ones for kimono and grey version of hair, between the other ones ( there are Ai's illustrations when she has blond, white and also pink hair o.o )

3. Eyes. The first thing I worked on is her face; especially her eyes. I spent more than one hour type of shadows/lights effects, and finally I came out with this result! (and I like it :p )

4. Kimono and Hair. Shadows, shadows and shadows! It was really a hard work, especially hair, since Ai has this strange cut hair style >.<
2
5. Ninfee Pattern. I added a floral pattern, designed by me, on kimono. I worked it with "IWarping" distorting GIMP's effect, in order to follow all kimono's folds.

6. Background. I started to work on background, using some images of japanese houese as reference, to obtain the final one.

7. Pattern on backgrounds. And so I finished the background! I used two pattern from Gimp Paint Studio Packet to give a more realistic look :3

8. Night Light. At this point I made the night light effect! Actually, it's just a level filling with #7178aa colour, and setting on "Fusion" Mode :p

9. Grass. I tried to give a more prospective effect, making different sizes of grass. No particular brushes used, just the default one. 

10. Fireflies. The last touch :3 

What else could I write?...welll obsviously I hope you like it, and COMMENTs are always welcome :)
See ya

CREDITS
Ai Amano – Video Girl Ai © Masakazu Katsura
Art by Raffaella Renzulli ( PintaMiMundo )

No comments:

Post a Comment